Thursday, May 5, 2016

It's getting real

Eric and I have been busy busy busy this week with all the fun stuff that comes along with any move, in addition to the extra stuff like buying Spanish health insurance and figuring out what we'll need to do to get our residence cards and trying to make sure all of Tom's financial and medical stuff is in order. I'd say we're doing a pretty good job of dividing and conquering...the lady at Verizon who had to listen to us bickering about international phone plans may tell a different story! (Side note, we're keeping Eric's cell number and getting rid of mine, plan is for me to get a Spanish number on my phone)

We haven't yet had time to really lay out what our travel plan is going to be, but we're pretty sure it will be a mix of road trips, flying and train trips. Got our Eurail pass and sketched out a few potential itineraries...I'm sure no one reading this will be surprised to learn that one of the options includes several stops in the Swiss Alps where Colette and I would be wandering around in town eating cheese and chocolate while Eric was dangling off the side of a nearby cliff! Once we get over to Granada and figure out where we're going to live, I think the travel planning will be one of the very next things on the list. That, and me learning how to drive our stick-shift car...ugh :( Those of you who know me can probably picture me gulping my wine as I'm writing this and thinking about how un-planned things suddenly are in our lives. (Side note, gulping that wine from a Solo cup since all of our wine glasses are already boxed up in the storage unit)

Over the past couple weeks, I've kept telling myself to remember these 'lasts' - last meeting at work, last trip to Target, last time the guy came to mow the lawn...they're adding up! Some are more sad than others, of course. There will probably be tears tomorrow during Coco's last day at Primrose (mine, not hers). Definitely won't be tears on Monday when I make the last drive through 3 construction zones that are within 3 miles of my house. I wonder what road construction in Spain will be like? I digress... Anyway, pretty soon we'll be making note of 'firsts' instead of 'lasts' and I hope we can share some good ones via this blog. I promise I'll try to get better at writing posts :)

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy the journey! In Switzerland I recommend Grande Dixence in the Swiss Alps near Sion. You can hike around the lake and there are stations in the mountains. You can see the Matterhorn nearby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy your time in Spain and traveling around Europe! Eric, for old times' sake we filled in your cube with empty boxes today.

    ReplyDelete